Basketball

Women lose another close ACC matchup

For the eighth time this season, freshman forward Shenise Johnson led the Hurricanes in scoring, but it wasn’t enough as Boston College pulled away in the second half for a 71-64 victory Monday night at the BankUnited Center.

Johnson scored 18 points, dished out a team-high three assists, grabbed seven rebounds, blocked three shots and had five steals.

10 different Canes scored, with nine players notching 10 minutes or more of playing time.

The Eagles (18-7. 6-4) broke the game wide open with sophomore center Carolyn Swords’ team-high 24 points and 11 rebounds, despite turning the ball over 25 times as a team.

Miami (13-12, 2-8) plays its next three games on the road, starting Thursday at No. 15 Virginia (19-7, 5-5).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...