Basketball

Women lose another close ACC matchup

For the eighth time this season, freshman forward Shenise Johnson led the Hurricanes in scoring, but it wasn’t enough as Boston College pulled away in the second half for a 71-64 victory Monday night at the BankUnited Center.

Johnson scored 18 points, dished out a team-high three assists, grabbed seven rebounds, blocked three shots and had five steals.

10 different Canes scored, with nine players notching 10 minutes or more of playing time.

The Eagles (18-7. 6-4) broke the game wide open with sophomore center Carolyn Swords’ team-high 24 points and 11 rebounds, despite turning the ball over 25 times as a team.

Miami (13-12, 2-8) plays its next three games on the road, starting Thursday at No. 15 Virginia (19-7, 5-5).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...