Basketball

Women lose another close ACC matchup

For the eighth time this season, freshman forward Shenise Johnson led the Hurricanes in scoring, but it wasn’t enough as Boston College pulled away in the second half for a 71-64 victory Monday night at the BankUnited Center.

Johnson scored 18 points, dished out a team-high three assists, grabbed seven rebounds, blocked three shots and had five steals.

10 different Canes scored, with nine players notching 10 minutes or more of playing time.

The Eagles (18-7. 6-4) broke the game wide open with sophomore center Carolyn Swords’ team-high 24 points and 11 rebounds, despite turning the ball over 25 times as a team.

Miami (13-12, 2-8) plays its next three games on the road, starting Thursday at No. 15 Virginia (19-7, 5-5).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...