Basketball

Women lose another close ACC matchup

For the eighth time this season, freshman forward Shenise Johnson led the Hurricanes in scoring, but it wasn’t enough as Boston College pulled away in the second half for a 71-64 victory Monday night at the BankUnited Center.

Johnson scored 18 points, dished out a team-high three assists, grabbed seven rebounds, blocked three shots and had five steals.

10 different Canes scored, with nine players notching 10 minutes or more of playing time.

The Eagles (18-7. 6-4) broke the game wide open with sophomore center Carolyn Swords’ team-high 24 points and 11 rebounds, despite turning the ball over 25 times as a team.

Miami (13-12, 2-8) plays its next three games on the road, starting Thursday at No. 15 Virginia (19-7, 5-5).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.