Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

Senior Murielle Ahoure won both the 60 and 200-meter titles Saturday at the Gilliam Indoor Track and Field Stadium at Texas A&M. Ahoure, who owns the world’s fastest time in the 60-meter event, became the world’s fastest sprinter this year in the 200-meter with a time of 23.14 seconds.

Sophomore All-American Ti’erra Brown finished second in the 60-meter hurdle and the 4×400 relay team also claimed second place for Miami.

SWIMMING/DIVING

National Champion and All-American junior diver Brittany Viola was announced as an addition to the USA diving roster for the 2009 FINA World Championships in Rome.

Earlier in the week, Viola competed at the World Selection Camp in Columbus, Ohio, where she recorded the highest score in the one-meter springboard. She also scored two second-place and one third-place dives on the platform event.

The 5′5″ Orlando, Fla. native will join six Beijing Olympians in July as they compete in Italy.

SOCCER

Five members of the women’s soccer team were named to the 2008 All-ACC Academic Team.

Sophomores Brittney Macdonald, Brittney Steinbruch and Lauren Singer earned their second honors, while senior Corynn Carino and freshman Julianne Rickers were recognized for the first time.

To be eligible, student-athletes must have earned a 3.0 grade point average for the previous semester and a 3.0 cumulative average during her academic career.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...