Football

John Lovett named as Miami’s new defensive coordinator

John Lovett

John Lovett

The University of Miami has announced that John Lovett will be the school’s new defensive coordinator, replacing Bill Young, who left for the same position at Oklahoma State.

Lovett served the last two years at North Carolina as the team’s special teams coordinator and a defensive assistant.

“John brings a wealth of experience and success, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the ACC,” head coach Randy Shannon said in a statement. “He has consistently elevated the play of defenses at every school he has coached.”

In the past 10 years, Lovett has served as a defensive coordinator at Bowling Green, Auburn and Clemson.

For more on the hiring of John Lovett, stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Matthew Bunch

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...