Football

John Lovett named as Miami’s new defensive coordinator

John Lovett

John Lovett

The University of Miami has announced that John Lovett will be the school’s new defensive coordinator, replacing Bill Young, who left for the same position at Oklahoma State.

Lovett served the last two years at North Carolina as the team’s special teams coordinator and a defensive assistant.

“John brings a wealth of experience and success, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the ACC,” head coach Randy Shannon said in a statement. “He has consistently elevated the play of defenses at every school he has coached.”

In the past 10 years, Lovett has served as a defensive coordinator at Bowling Green, Auburn and Clemson.

For more on the hiring of John Lovett, stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Matthew Bunch

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

The singer, songwriter, actress, and entrepreneur will share insights and advice from her more than ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...