Football

John Lovett named as Miami’s new defensive coordinator

John Lovett

John Lovett

The University of Miami has announced that John Lovett will be the school’s new defensive coordinator, replacing Bill Young, who left for the same position at Oklahoma State.

Lovett served the last two years at North Carolina as the team’s special teams coordinator and a defensive assistant.

“John brings a wealth of experience and success, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the ACC,” head coach Randy Shannon said in a statement. “He has consistently elevated the play of defenses at every school he has coached.”

In the past 10 years, Lovett has served as a defensive coordinator at Bowling Green, Auburn and Clemson.

For more on the hiring of John Lovett, stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Matthew Bunch

Zach Johnson is known for his fashion sense, and always has been since he led Miami Norland High to ...

Let’s fire everybody! And while we’re at it let’s fire the people who hired the people we just fired ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt, whose Hurricanes are in the midst of a four-game losing streak ...

The University of Miami’s interest in Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant apparently is m ...

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball is a member of the 2018-19 Citizen Naismith ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated Hartford, 75-62, Sunday afternoon at the Watsco Cent ...