Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: UPrint’s system-wide failures should make administration rethink its use

UPrint should really be named U(can’t)Print. Yesterday, I went to print something before class and was unable to do so because the UPrint system was down. Later that day, after class, I again tried to print. The computers in the business library were not working, so I tried the business computer lab. After an unsuccessful attempt there I headed to the Richter library thinking that people had to be printing there because, well, that’s the main library. Nope…turns out it was a university wide outage of UPrint. So after wasting 45 minutes trying to get my reading assignment printed I trudged home with nothing in hand. Needless to say this is not the first time the system has been down either. I understand that the university is in a crisis mode and part of the UPrint system is to reduce costs as well as be environmentally friendly, but at what cost to the student body? If the system is not going to work properly than the loss of productivity to students, and the inconvenience faced, may not be worth the cost savings.

–Jason Gray
Senior

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...