Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: UPrint’s system-wide failures should make administration rethink its use

UPrint should really be named U(can’t)Print. Yesterday, I went to print something before class and was unable to do so because the UPrint system was down. Later that day, after class, I again tried to print. The computers in the business library were not working, so I tried the business computer lab. After an unsuccessful attempt there I headed to the Richter library thinking that people had to be printing there because, well, that’s the main library. Nope…turns out it was a university wide outage of UPrint. So after wasting 45 minutes trying to get my reading assignment printed I trudged home with nothing in hand. Needless to say this is not the first time the system has been down either. I understand that the university is in a crisis mode and part of the UPrint system is to reduce costs as well as be environmentally friendly, but at what cost to the student body? If the system is not going to work properly than the loss of productivity to students, and the inconvenience faced, may not be worth the cost savings.

–Jason Gray
Senior

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...