Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: UPrint’s system-wide failures should make administration rethink its use

UPrint should really be named U(can’t)Print. Yesterday, I went to print something before class and was unable to do so because the UPrint system was down. Later that day, after class, I again tried to print. The computers in the business library were not working, so I tried the business computer lab. After an unsuccessful attempt there I headed to the Richter library thinking that people had to be printing there because, well, that’s the main library. Nope…turns out it was a university wide outage of UPrint. So after wasting 45 minutes trying to get my reading assignment printed I trudged home with nothing in hand. Needless to say this is not the first time the system has been down either. I understand that the university is in a crisis mode and part of the UPrint system is to reduce costs as well as be environmentally friendly, but at what cost to the student body? If the system is not going to work properly than the loss of productivity to students, and the inconvenience faced, may not be worth the cost savings.

–Jason Gray
Senior

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...