V's Take

Dear V: How can I get my girlfriend to clear out the brush?

There is a situation with my girlfriend that I’m not sure how to handle delicately. To put it gently, she needs a serious trim. She loves to go to the beach, which makes things even more awkward. How can I approach the topic and get her to prune her bush?

Can’t See the Forest for the Trees

Dear Forest,

Just like traffic lights, the news of the day and styles of clothes – things change. When asked, “What has changed after 20 years in the slammer?” an ex-convict replied, “All the women are shaving down there!”

It is no secret that this type of grooming is available in multiple forms, either as a do-it-yourself project or through the professional efforts of an aesthetician. I personally think in a beach environment, attention to this particular personal detail is de rigueur.

Keep in mind, however, that approaching a female over an issue of grooming or appearances is no easy task. This could be the kiss of death for you. If this is truly bothersome to you, be prepared to turn on the charm. It’s all in the delivery, my friend:

Approach it as a fun project! Tell your gal that a smooth surface is a turn-on for you. Suggest that an offer to de-fuzz her peach could lead to an erotic episode. Just be direct and say what is on your mind. But remember, turnabout is fair play! What’s good for the goose is good for the gander – you may find yourself waxing more then your surfboard before your next trip to the beach.

And what would my February 12th letter be without mentioning my favorite holiday? I’d like to point out that many aestheticians attest to an annual slew of male clients who show up to fashion a little below-the-belt heart for their Valentine to… unwrap. So much for chocolates – now there is some serious food for thought!

I always close my letters by wishing my readers the “best of luck.” In this case, you’re really going to need it!

Happy Valentine’s Day!
-V

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...