UM shuttle tracking site launched

On Jan. 20, www.umshuttles.com was launched.

This Web site enables students to track buses before they reach their designated stops. It offers the user the ability to log on from a computer or PDA and click on the specific route of interest. Once done, a map of the university with the highlighted route and the bus’s current location shows up.

Alternatively, a student can drag the cursor over the spot nearest them and approximately how long it will take before the bus reaches that destination is revealed.

“You can really track and see where you are going,” said Richard Sobaram, the director of Parking and Transportation Services.

Each bus has a GPS system installed for this service. The system is self sufficient and updates itself automatically.

“It makes things so much more manageable and convenient” senior Stephanie Santagati said.

Johnathan Beauchamps

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...