UM shuttle tracking site launched

On Jan. 20, www.umshuttles.com was launched.

This Web site enables students to track buses before they reach their designated stops. It offers the user the ability to log on from a computer or PDA and click on the specific route of interest. Once done, a map of the university with the highlighted route and the bus’s current location shows up.

Alternatively, a student can drag the cursor over the spot nearest them and approximately how long it will take before the bus reaches that destination is revealed.

“You can really track and see where you are going,” said Richard Sobaram, the director of Parking and Transportation Services.

Each bus has a GPS system installed for this service. The system is self sufficient and updates itself automatically.

“It makes things so much more manageable and convenient” senior Stephanie Santagati said.

Johnathan Beauchamps

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...