UM shuttle tracking site launched

On Jan. 20, www.umshuttles.com was launched.

This Web site enables students to track buses before they reach their designated stops. It offers the user the ability to log on from a computer or PDA and click on the specific route of interest. Once done, a map of the university with the highlighted route and the bus’s current location shows up.

Alternatively, a student can drag the cursor over the spot nearest them and approximately how long it will take before the bus reaches that destination is revealed.

“You can really track and see where you are going,” said Richard Sobaram, the director of Parking and Transportation Services.

Each bus has a GPS system installed for this service. The system is self sufficient and updates itself automatically.

“It makes things so much more manageable and convenient” senior Stephanie Santagati said.

Johnathan Beauchamps

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...