Broaden your horizions at Study Abroad Fair

University of Miami students who dream of studying abroad will have the opportunity to learn more at the annual Study Abroad Fair on Tuesday, which takes place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rock.

Students seeking an international experience will get an overview of each program from past participants.

“Each student will be in charge of promoting the program they attended, since it’s the best the best way to let students know what to expect,” said Kefryn Block, coordinator for the International Education and Exchange Programs.

This year, the program’s study abroad office is offering new courses, such as a business course in Italy, a dance course in Jamaica and a public relations program in England. To qualify, students have to be sophomores and have a minimum 3.0 grade point average.

Currently, UM holds partnerships with 80 institutions in 33 countries. Students can choose a single semester, a full year or a short summer program.

“The most desired locations are England and Australia, but we have two new programs that were successful in Israel and Prague,’’ Block said. “They are designed by UM, so it is just like classes on campus, but [in]a different country.”

During the past academic year, 321 students from UM went abroad for at least a semester. According to the Institution of International Education, 241,791 students in the Unites States studied abroad during the 2006-2007 academic year.

“Everyone should take advantage of an opportunity to study abroad”, said Fernanda Carrasco, an exchange student from Brazil studying psychology at UM. “I am able to see different ways of how my profession is perceived in the U.S.”

Marina Granziera

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...