Sports Briefs

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

The University of Miami women’s basketball team (12-10, 1-6) overcame early foul trouble to defeat SIU-Edwardsville (5-19) 83-72 Wednesday night at the Vadalabene Center.

Junior center Ashley Sours scored a career-high 16 points and grabbed a team-high five rebounds.

For the first time in 13 games, the Hurricanes outrebounded an opponent.

Four different Canes finished with double digits in points – Sours, freshman forward Shenise Johnson, junior guard Charmaine Clark and senior guard LaToya Cunningham.

Miami hosts rival and 15th-ranked Florida State (18-5, 6-1) at 3 p.m. Sunday.

BASEBALL

The University of Miami baseball team will hold its third annual Hurricanes Baseball FanFest from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14, at the newly renovated Alex Rodriguez Park.

Admission is free to the public and FanFest will feature a bounce house and interactive area for kids, speed pitch area, team autograph session and home run derby.

Immediately following FanFest, the Canes will take part in an intrasquad scrimmage.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Class of 2023 Stamps Scholars begin their first year at the University of Miami. ...

With 102 events already on their calendar, new initiatives are also on the horizon for the Universit ...

Economic expert Paulo Leme analyzes last week’s economic downturn. ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...

Canes legend Michael Irvin will be attendance for the event the night before the Miami-Florida game. ...