SG president to speak with education school dean about name change

Student Government President Brandon Gross discussed possible name changes for the University of Miami School of Education with the SG Senate yesterday.

“I thought student input was important because the name of the school is going to show up on their diploma,” Gross said.

According to Gross, there are about five different options for the School of Education’s new name. One name includes the School of Education and Community Well-Being.

The senate preferred including “Sports Science” in the name as 66 percent of the students major in this field.

Gross is planning to schedule a meeting with Isaac Prilleltensky, the dean of the School of Education, to discuss these concerns.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Dozens of University of Miami students seized the opportunity to learn across the world this summer. ...

New and returning students share some of their expectations for the semester on the first day of cla ...

Nearly 100 University of Miami students participated in Orientation Outreach to assist the staff at ...

Take a look back on new student orientation and browse through a gallery of photos from various even ...

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

Hurricanes will travel to Gainesville in 2024, host Gators at Hard Rock Stadium in 2025 ...

Jeff Thomas is eager to get back on the field for the Hurricanes. ...

The story of Canes Hoops' 10-day journey in Italy told through the words and images of the play ...