SG president to speak with education school dean about name change

Student Government President Brandon Gross discussed possible name changes for the University of Miami School of Education with the SG Senate yesterday.

“I thought student input was important because the name of the school is going to show up on their diploma,” Gross said.

According to Gross, there are about five different options for the School of Education’s new name. One name includes the School of Education and Community Well-Being.

The senate preferred including “Sports Science” in the name as 66 percent of the students major in this field.

Gross is planning to schedule a meeting with Isaac Prilleltensky, the dean of the School of Education, to discuss these concerns.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.