Langerado Music Festival canceled

Organizers announced on Tuesday that the seventh annual Langerado Music Festival has been canceled. A message on the festival’s website, www.langerado.com, said poor ticket sales led to the cancellation.

“Unfortunately, during these difficult economic times, and facing a first year in a new venue, it’s become apparent that we cannot execute a production that lives up to the high standards of our past events,” said Ethan Schwartz, one of the event’s promoters, in the release.

The festival was set to take place at Miami’s Bicentennial Park from March 6-8. Scheduled performers included Death Cab for Cutie, Thievery Corporation, Snoop Dogg, Modest Mouse and Broken Social Scene, among others.

Promoters Mark Brown and Ethan Schwartz created Langerado as a way to bring jam-based live music to South Florida, and the festival has expanded over the past six years to include a wide variety of genres. This would have been the first year the festival took place in Miami.

Ticket refunds will be processed in the next five to seven business days.

In 2007, Miami’s BANG! Music Festival was postponed and never rescheduled. South Florida’s 11th annual Ultra Music Festival is still scheduled to take place this March at Bicentennial Park.

The first annual Harvest of Hope Festival, still scheduled for the same weekend Langerado was set to occur, will include many of the same artists. The festival will take place at St. John’s County Fairgrounds in St. Augustine and proceeds will benefit migrant farm workers. Tickets can be purchased at www.harvestofhopefest.com.

Lauren Shepherd

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...