Langerado Music Festival canceled

Organizers announced on Tuesday that the seventh annual Langerado Music Festival has been canceled. A message on the festival’s website, www.langerado.com, said poor ticket sales led to the cancellation.

“Unfortunately, during these difficult economic times, and facing a first year in a new venue, it’s become apparent that we cannot execute a production that lives up to the high standards of our past events,” said Ethan Schwartz, one of the event’s promoters, in the release.

The festival was set to take place at Miami’s Bicentennial Park from March 6-8. Scheduled performers included Death Cab for Cutie, Thievery Corporation, Snoop Dogg, Modest Mouse and Broken Social Scene, among others.

Promoters Mark Brown and Ethan Schwartz created Langerado as a way to bring jam-based live music to South Florida, and the festival has expanded over the past six years to include a wide variety of genres. This would have been the first year the festival took place in Miami.

Ticket refunds will be processed in the next five to seven business days.

In 2007, Miami’s BANG! Music Festival was postponed and never rescheduled. South Florida’s 11th annual Ultra Music Festival is still scheduled to take place this March at Bicentennial Park.

The first annual Harvest of Hope Festival, still scheduled for the same weekend Langerado was set to occur, will include many of the same artists. The festival will take place at St. John’s County Fairgrounds in St. Augustine and proceeds will benefit migrant farm workers. Tickets can be purchased at www.harvestofhopefest.com.

Lauren Shepherd

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...