Langerado Music Festival canceled

Organizers announced on Tuesday that the seventh annual Langerado Music Festival has been canceled. A message on the festival’s website, www.langerado.com, said poor ticket sales led to the cancellation.

“Unfortunately, during these difficult economic times, and facing a first year in a new venue, it’s become apparent that we cannot execute a production that lives up to the high standards of our past events,” said Ethan Schwartz, one of the event’s promoters, in the release.

The festival was set to take place at Miami’s Bicentennial Park from March 6-8. Scheduled performers included Death Cab for Cutie, Thievery Corporation, Snoop Dogg, Modest Mouse and Broken Social Scene, among others.

Promoters Mark Brown and Ethan Schwartz created Langerado as a way to bring jam-based live music to South Florida, and the festival has expanded over the past six years to include a wide variety of genres. This would have been the first year the festival took place in Miami.

Ticket refunds will be processed in the next five to seven business days.

In 2007, Miami’s BANG! Music Festival was postponed and never rescheduled. South Florida’s 11th annual Ultra Music Festival is still scheduled to take place this March at Bicentennial Park.

The first annual Harvest of Hope Festival, still scheduled for the same weekend Langerado was set to occur, will include many of the same artists. The festival will take place at St. John’s County Fairgrounds in St. Augustine and proceeds will benefit migrant farm workers. Tickets can be purchased at www.harvestofhopefest.com.

Lauren Shepherd

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...