Langerado Music Festival canceled

Organizers announced on Tuesday that the seventh annual Langerado Music Festival has been canceled. A message on the festival’s website, www.langerado.com, said poor ticket sales led to the cancellation.

“Unfortunately, during these difficult economic times, and facing a first year in a new venue, it’s become apparent that we cannot execute a production that lives up to the high standards of our past events,” said Ethan Schwartz, one of the event’s promoters, in the release.

The festival was set to take place at Miami’s Bicentennial Park from March 6-8. Scheduled performers included Death Cab for Cutie, Thievery Corporation, Snoop Dogg, Modest Mouse and Broken Social Scene, among others.

Promoters Mark Brown and Ethan Schwartz created Langerado as a way to bring jam-based live music to South Florida, and the festival has expanded over the past six years to include a wide variety of genres. This would have been the first year the festival took place in Miami.

Ticket refunds will be processed in the next five to seven business days.

In 2007, Miami’s BANG! Music Festival was postponed and never rescheduled. South Florida’s 11th annual Ultra Music Festival is still scheduled to take place this March at Bicentennial Park.

The first annual Harvest of Hope Festival, still scheduled for the same weekend Langerado was set to occur, will include many of the same artists. The festival will take place at St. John’s County Fairgrounds in St. Augustine and proceeds will benefit migrant farm workers. Tickets can be purchased at www.harvestofhopefest.com.

Lauren Shepherd

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team posted a 6-2, 6-0 victory against No. 5 ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...