Suspended guard Eddie Rios arrested for burglary, grand theft

Eddie Rios. MIAMI-DADE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS

Sophomore point guard Eddie Rios, suspended twice this season, was arrested in Miami-Dade County early Wednesday and charged with two counts each of third-degree grand theft and burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, both felony counts, according to the Clerk of Court’s Web site.

Rios was arrested at 5:51 a.m. and taken to the Pre-Trial Detention Center in downtown. He is currently out on bond, which according to the Miami-Dade Department of Corrections totals $35,000. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Feb. 17 at 9 a.m.

He was suspended by the Hurricanes on Jan. 12 for “violating team rules relating to following team protocol and lack of communication with coaches,” according to the university. He was also suspended for two games in December for a “violation of team rules.”

Lelan LeDoux contributed to this report.

Matthew Bunch

Planet Kreyol and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs host a remembrance ceremony to salute ...

University of Miami film and media specialists discuss the dynamics—competition, quality, and delive ...

The destruction throughout portions of southwestern Puerto Rico brings back memories of the devastat ...

The unique program ends with students in the nation’s capital, meeting with elected officials, explo ...

University of Miami Laboratory for Integrative Knowledge grantees learn more about the science of te ...

The Miami men's basketball team will welcome ninth-ranked Florida State to the Watsco Center Sa ...

Miami drops a road contest at North Carolina. ...

Miami heads to Chapel Hill on Thursday to take on North Carolina. ...

The Miami men's basketball team fell to NC State, 80-63, Wednesday night at PNC Arena. ...

Sam Waardenburg has been a steady, consistent presence for the Hurricanes during a tough January str ...