Suspended guard Eddie Rios arrested for burglary, grand theft

Eddie Rios. MIAMI-DADE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS

Sophomore point guard Eddie Rios, suspended twice this season, was arrested in Miami-Dade County early Wednesday and charged with two counts each of third-degree grand theft and burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, both felony counts, according to the Clerk of Court’s Web site.

Rios was arrested at 5:51 a.m. and taken to the Pre-Trial Detention Center in downtown. He is currently out on bond, which according to the Miami-Dade Department of Corrections totals $35,000. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Feb. 17 at 9 a.m.

He was suspended by the Hurricanes on Jan. 12 for “violating team rules relating to following team protocol and lack of communication with coaches,” according to the university. He was also suspended for two games in December for a “violation of team rules.”

Lelan LeDoux contributed to this report.

Matthew Bunch

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...