Suspended guard Eddie Rios arrested for burglary, grand theft

Eddie Rios. MIAMI-DADE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS

Sophomore point guard Eddie Rios, suspended twice this season, was arrested in Miami-Dade County early Wednesday and charged with two counts each of third-degree grand theft and burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, both felony counts, according to the Clerk of Court’s Web site.

Rios was arrested at 5:51 a.m. and taken to the Pre-Trial Detention Center in downtown. He is currently out on bond, which according to the Miami-Dade Department of Corrections totals $35,000. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Feb. 17 at 9 a.m.

He was suspended by the Hurricanes on Jan. 12 for “violating team rules relating to following team protocol and lack of communication with coaches,” according to the university. He was also suspended for two games in December for a “violation of team rules.”

Lelan LeDoux contributed to this report.

Matthew Bunch

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is on the verge of losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses ...

The postseason acknowledgments continue to roll in for Gerald Willis. The Miami Hurricanes defensive ...

It is recruiting season in college football, and the Miami Hurricanes have one particular commitment ...

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...