Suspended guard Eddie Rios arrested for burglary, grand theft

Eddie Rios. MIAMI-DADE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS

Sophomore point guard Eddie Rios, suspended twice this season, was arrested in Miami-Dade County early Wednesday and charged with two counts each of third-degree grand theft and burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, both felony counts, according to the Clerk of Court’s Web site.

Rios was arrested at 5:51 a.m. and taken to the Pre-Trial Detention Center in downtown. He is currently out on bond, which according to the Miami-Dade Department of Corrections totals $35,000. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Feb. 17 at 9 a.m.

He was suspended by the Hurricanes on Jan. 12 for “violating team rules relating to following team protocol and lack of communication with coaches,” according to the university. He was also suspended for two games in December for a “violation of team rules.”

Lelan LeDoux contributed to this report.

Matthew Bunch

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Suspended guard Eddie Rios arrested for burglary, grand theft”

1. G says:

He’s hot!! Is he gay or bi? MMMMM :)

2. Craig says:

Just curious, is this kid going to get the boot out of the University. This is unbelievable… I don’t care how good a player he is, he’s a complete embarrassment to the University.