A word of explanation: Hamas Cartoon

It has come to my attention that the cartoon I drew last week regarding Hamas policies has seriously personally offended certain members of the UM community, and I would like to personally say that this was not my intent. The purpose of the cartoon was to visually portray my point of view of how Hamas is handling the situation in Gaza. There is hard evidence proving that Hamas members, in certain circumstances, use women and children as human shields against their will. I wanted to expose the suffering on the Palestinian side in a manner that is hardly seen because it is shunned from the media view.

Tiffany Agam

Contributing EDGE Writer/Cartoonist

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...