Football

Breaking News: Hurricanes look to hire Whipple as Offensive Coordinator

Whipple

Whipple

A high-ranking official in the University of Miami athletic department has confirmed that head coach Randy Shannon and the football program have extended an offer to Mark Whipple, an offensive assistant for the Philidelphia Eagles, to become the team’s new offensive coordinator.

Whipple will be replacing Patrick Nix, who was fired in December, and the announcement of the hiring is expected to be made sometime on Tuesday.

Before going to Philidelphia, Whipple served as the quarterbacks coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2004-06, where he helped coach Ben Roethlisberger to a Super Bowl victory. Whipple also served as the head coach for Division I-AA Massachussetts for 16 seasons, leading them to a national title in 1998.

Pravin Patel

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...