Football

Breaking News: Hurricanes look to hire Whipple as Offensive Coordinator

Whipple

Whipple

A high-ranking official in the University of Miami athletic department has confirmed that head coach Randy Shannon and the football program have extended an offer to Mark Whipple, an offensive assistant for the Philidelphia Eagles, to become the team’s new offensive coordinator.

Whipple will be replacing Patrick Nix, who was fired in December, and the announcement of the hiring is expected to be made sometime on Tuesday.

Before going to Philidelphia, Whipple served as the quarterbacks coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2004-06, where he helped coach Ben Roethlisberger to a Super Bowl victory. Whipple also served as the head coach for Division I-AA Massachussetts for 16 seasons, leading them to a national title in 1998.

Pravin Patel

University of Miami experts discuss the potential mental health impacts in the Bahamas following Hur ...

The Fall Lecture series explores topics on accelerated resolution therapy treatments, pain managemen ...

As the Bahamas urges tourists to visit its islands unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, University of Mia ...

Katya Saunders, president of the Bahamian Students Association, is leading a relief effort to help h ...

The uniqueness of the University of Miami—as a place to live, learn, share knowledge, and innovate—s ...

Jimmy Murphy insists his life hasn't changed (much) after his internet-breaking touchdown and c ...

Hurricanes standouts Mykea Gray and Beatrice Mompremier have the opportunity of a lifetime this week ...

Miami Athletics announced Wednesday the completion of the new Boich Family Scoreboard at the Neil Sc ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba, the reigning NCAA singles champion, opens the 2019-20 season ranked second i ...

This weekend, Canes men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric became a U.S. Citizen – and reflected on th ...