Football

Breaking News: Hurricanes look to hire Whipple as Offensive Coordinator

Whipple

Whipple

A high-ranking official in the University of Miami athletic department has confirmed that head coach Randy Shannon and the football program have extended an offer to Mark Whipple, an offensive assistant for the Philidelphia Eagles, to become the team’s new offensive coordinator.

Whipple will be replacing Patrick Nix, who was fired in December, and the announcement of the hiring is expected to be made sometime on Tuesday.

Before going to Philidelphia, Whipple served as the quarterbacks coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2004-06, where he helped coach Ben Roethlisberger to a Super Bowl victory. Whipple also served as the head coach for Division I-AA Massachussetts for 16 seasons, leading them to a national title in 1998.

Pravin Patel

In their first Climate Café, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science faculty members and

Student and faculty mentors and their foster-care teen mentees both reap rich rewards through intera

’Canes Central provides undergraduate and graduate students with easy, efficient support for registr

Neil Hammerschlag provides a preview of what to expect during this year’s shark programming set to b

University of Miami architects and engineers, spurred by lessons learned from the pandemic, re-creat