Tennis

Taboada clinches victory, Hurricanes win 4-3

After dropping the doubles point, the 17th-ranked University of Miami men’s tennis team took four of six singles matches to defeat Florida Atlantic (2-2), 4-3, on a cold Thursday night season opener at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

The Hurricanes won three-straight singles matches as sophomore Keith Crowley evened the team score in the fifth position with a 6-3, 6-1 straight-sets win, and sophomore Carl Sundberg and junior transfer David Simon each disposed of their opponents in two sets.

Freshman Ignacio Taboada secured UM’s first win of the spring season in three sets, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...