Tennis

Taboada clinches victory, Hurricanes win 4-3

After dropping the doubles point, the 17th-ranked University of Miami men’s tennis team took four of six singles matches to defeat Florida Atlantic (2-2), 4-3, on a cold Thursday night season opener at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

The Hurricanes won three-straight singles matches as sophomore Keith Crowley evened the team score in the fifth position with a 6-3, 6-1 straight-sets win, and sophomore Carl Sundberg and junior transfer David Simon each disposed of their opponents in two sets.

Freshman Ignacio Taboada secured UM’s first win of the spring season in three sets, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Class of 2023 Stamps Scholars begin their first year at the University of Miami. ...

With 102 events already on their calendar, new initiatives are also on the horizon for the Universit ...

Economic expert Paulo Leme analyzes last week’s economic downturn. ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...

Canes legend Michael Irvin will be attendance for the event the night before the Miami-Florida game. ...