Tennis

Taboada clinches victory, Hurricanes win 4-3

After dropping the doubles point, the 17th-ranked University of Miami men’s tennis team took four of six singles matches to defeat Florida Atlantic (2-2), 4-3, on a cold Thursday night season opener at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

The Hurricanes won three-straight singles matches as sophomore Keith Crowley evened the team score in the fifth position with a 6-3, 6-1 straight-sets win, and sophomore Carl Sundberg and junior transfer David Simon each disposed of their opponents in two sets.

Freshman Ignacio Taboada secured UM’s first win of the spring season in three sets, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

A reflection on the unparalleled career of a true public servant, a man respected across the country ...

The improvements to the IM fields offer a safer, more efficient field for the University community. ...

President Donald Trump’s letter to the Turkish president has been looked at as undiplomatic and unpr ...

The LGBTQ Student Center and SpectrUM invite the UM community to show their true colors during LGBT ...

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.