Tennis

Taboada clinches victory, Hurricanes win 4-3

After dropping the doubles point, the 17th-ranked University of Miami men’s tennis team took four of six singles matches to defeat Florida Atlantic (2-2), 4-3, on a cold Thursday night season opener at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

The Hurricanes won three-straight singles matches as sophomore Keith Crowley evened the team score in the fifth position with a 6-3, 6-1 straight-sets win, and sophomore Carl Sundberg and junior transfer David Simon each disposed of their opponents in two sets.

Freshman Ignacio Taboada secured UM’s first win of the spring season in three sets, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

In its fifth year, the conference—hosted by the School of Education and Human Development’s Sport Ad ...

Through the end of this year, they will join a group of statewide leaders from a variety of perspect ...

A unique exchange program brought 10 high school students from Botswana to South Florida and the Uni ...

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center offers a great place to exercise; but if you can’t make ...

The Miami Climate Symposium 2020: Predicting and Living with Extremes, a three-day event hosted by t ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.