Tennis

Taboada clinches victory, Hurricanes win 4-3

After dropping the doubles point, the 17th-ranked University of Miami men’s tennis team took four of six singles matches to defeat Florida Atlantic (2-2), 4-3, on a cold Thursday night season opener at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

The Hurricanes won three-straight singles matches as sophomore Keith Crowley evened the team score in the fifth position with a 6-3, 6-1 straight-sets win, and sophomore Carl Sundberg and junior transfer David Simon each disposed of their opponents in two sets.

Freshman Ignacio Taboada secured UM’s first win of the spring season in three sets, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...