V's Take

Dear V: Help! My boyfriend’s a model!

I’m dating a really hot guy. I know, most people would probably wonder what my problem is. He’s too hot! He recently got a gig posing for a charity calendar with his job, and with it comes a lot of public appearances — and a lot of women. While I’m proud of my boyfriend’s success, I’m not so comfortable with all of these ladies grabbing at him and eyeing him like a piece of meat. How can I come to terms with this?

-Side Dish

Dear Side Dish,

The grass is always greener, isn’t it? A woman will dump or flat-out reject a potential suitor because he isn’t attractive enough for her standards. But once she meets a man who has won the genetic lottery, a whole new set of problems arises. Funny how that works!

Physical attraction is nothing at all to be ashamed of. It has, and always will, play a major role in finding a partner — even in the animal kingdom. So, the good news is that your hunk of a boyfriend clearly finds you attractive (and people tend to be most into those who share some kind of physical similarities). Keep this in mind while you are “coming to terms” with his revealing obligations.

And while I can’t be the one who can bring you to a positive revelation, I am more than happy to point you in the right direction with a few tidbits of thought:

First and foremost, you seem as though you genuinely care about the success and happiness of this hot flame of yours. This is a great start! If your intentions are sincere, I am positive that he picks up on them. Sincerity is a wonderful thing to bring into a relationship. If your beau knows that you care so much about his own welfare, then he should also be concerned about yours. Let him know how happy you are for him, but feel free to ask him how he feels about being ogled and pinched by his admirers. Perhaps he is just a comfortable, confident guy who will bear all for the right cause.

Also keep in mind (as cliché as this sounds) that the truth will set you free! By talking to him, you might find out that this Adonis enjoys strutting his stuff for the ladies, simply because he can bask in their admiration. Is this the type of guy that you want to be dating?

Your affection for your boyfriend should be more piercing than the stares (and fingernails) of his female spectators. With you by his side, he could be reminded that he is more than just a “piece of meat” to someone he cares about.

And do you really think that he will find new love amongst a sea of horny women?

Best of luck!

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

Come join head coach Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes football program in the brand new Carol Sof ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...