Football

Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young to take same position at Oklahoma State

Bill Young

Bill Young

University of Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young has decided to return to his alma mater, as he will become the defensive coordinator of Oklahoma State University.

Young played football for the Cowboys from 1965 through 1967, lining up as linebacker and defensive end. He came to Miami last year from Kansas, where his defense led the Jayhawks to their first BCS bowl appearance. Miami’s defense improved dramatically this year, finishing in the top 30 overall.

Head coach Randy Shannon has yet to comment on the defection of Young, and it’s unclear who will replace him, although there has been discussion of current Georgia defensive coordinator Willy Martinez, who was a defensive back for Miami from 1981 to 1984 and served as a graduate assistant.

Matthew Bunch

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...