Football

Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young to take same position at Oklahoma State

Bill Young

Bill Young

University of Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young has decided to return to his alma mater, as he will become the defensive coordinator of Oklahoma State University.

Young played football for the Cowboys from 1965 through 1967, lining up as linebacker and defensive end. He came to Miami last year from Kansas, where his defense led the Jayhawks to their first BCS bowl appearance. Miami’s defense improved dramatically this year, finishing in the top 30 overall.

Head coach Randy Shannon has yet to comment on the defection of Young, and it’s unclear who will replace him, although there has been discussion of current Georgia defensive coordinator Willy Martinez, who was a defensive back for Miami from 1981 to 1984 and served as a graduate assistant.

Matthew Bunch

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...