Football

Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young to take same position at Oklahoma State

Bill Young

Bill Young

University of Miami defensive coordinator Bill Young has decided to return to his alma mater, as he will become the defensive coordinator of Oklahoma State University.

Young played football for the Cowboys from 1965 through 1967, lining up as linebacker and defensive end. He came to Miami last year from Kansas, where his defense led the Jayhawks to their first BCS bowl appearance. Miami’s defense improved dramatically this year, finishing in the top 30 overall.

Head coach Randy Shannon has yet to comment on the defection of Young, and it’s unclear who will replace him, although there has been discussion of current Georgia defensive coordinator Willy Martinez, who was a defensive back for Miami from 1981 to 1984 and served as a graduate assistant.

Matthew Bunch

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...