Swimming/Diving

Canes storm past CCSU

The University of Miami swimming and diving team took 12-of-13 top times and scores en route to a 166-73 victory against Central Connecticut State University Saturday afternoon at the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

Freshman Kelci Bryant won the one-meter diving event, while junior All-American and NCAA Champion Brittany Viola captured the three-meter springboard.

Blue Devil senior Erin Crowley won the sole event for CCSU – the 1000 freestyle – with a time of 10:24.22.

The Hurricanes finished 4-2 at home this season.

Miami (8-4) travels to College Park, Md. for a tri-meet on Jan. 24 against the University of Richmond (0-2) and the host Terrapins (6-2).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ You know when you will know the Hurricanes are really bac ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

The Miami track and field program is set to compete at the Tom Jones Memorial meet this weekend for ...

The No. 24 Hurricanes welcome ACC Coastal division foe Virginia Tech for a three-game series beginni ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...