Swimming/Diving

Jayhawks defeat Canes, 142-97

Despite a first-place finish for freshman Ryann Labreche in the 1000 freestyle, the University of Miami fell 142-97 to the University of Kansas this past Saturday at the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak came in second in the 200 freestyle, while redshirt junior Kirsten Pomerleau took second in the 50 freestyle for the Hurricanes. Junior Brittany Viola swept both the one-meter and three-meter diving events with scores of 299.63 and 315.23 respectively.

The Jayhawks (6-2) easily took the top two times in the 200 medley relay with their “A” and “B” squads.

Miami (8-5) hosts Central Connecticut State University at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...