Swimming/Diving

Jayhawks defeat Canes, 142-97

Despite a first-place finish for freshman Ryann Labreche in the 1000 freestyle, the University of Miami fell 142-97 to the University of Kansas this past Saturday at the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak came in second in the 200 freestyle, while redshirt junior Kirsten Pomerleau took second in the 50 freestyle for the Hurricanes. Junior Brittany Viola swept both the one-meter and three-meter diving events with scores of 299.63 and 315.23 respectively.

The Jayhawks (6-2) easily took the top two times in the 200 medley relay with their “A” and “B” squads.

Miami (8-5) hosts Central Connecticut State University at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...