Swimming/Diving

Jayhawks defeat Canes, 142-97

Despite a first-place finish for freshman Ryann Labreche in the 1000 freestyle, the University of Miami fell 142-97 to the University of Kansas this past Saturday at the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak came in second in the 200 freestyle, while redshirt junior Kirsten Pomerleau took second in the 50 freestyle for the Hurricanes. Junior Brittany Viola swept both the one-meter and three-meter diving events with scores of 299.63 and 315.23 respectively.

The Jayhawks (6-2) easily took the top two times in the 200 medley relay with their “A” and “B” squads.

Miami (8-5) hosts Central Connecticut State University at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...