Swimming/Diving

Jayhawks defeat Canes, 142-97

Despite a first-place finish for freshman Ryann Labreche in the 1000 freestyle, the University of Miami fell 142-97 to the University of Kansas this past Saturday at the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak came in second in the 200 freestyle, while redshirt junior Kirsten Pomerleau took second in the 50 freestyle for the Hurricanes. Junior Brittany Viola swept both the one-meter and three-meter diving events with scores of 299.63 and 315.23 respectively.

The Jayhawks (6-2) easily took the top two times in the 200 medley relay with their “A” and “B” squads.

Miami (8-5) hosts Central Connecticut State University at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

Frost School of Music faculty member Carlos Abril highlights how demographic characteristics influen ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.