Baseball

Baseball earns preseason national ranking

The University of Miami baseball team received a No. 12 ranking by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association in a preseason poll.

It marks the highest the Hurricanes have been ranked so far this preseason. Last year’s squad also began in that position and went on to finish ranked fifth at 53-11.

Preseason All-Americans – sophomore left-hander Chris Hernandez, junior right-hander Kyle Bellamy and junior shortstop Ryan Jackson – are among the 18 returning players for the Canes.

Miami begins its schedule on Friday, Feb. 20 against Rutgers at newly-renovated Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...