Basketball

Blue Devils drop Canes, 73-58

Despite sophomore guard Epiphany Woodson’s 16 points and junior transfer Latoya Drake’s 11, Miami’s leading scorer, freshman forward Shenise Johnson, was limited to just three points in the Hurricanes’ 73-58 loss Friday night at Duke.

The fifth-ranked Blue Devils outrebounded the Canes 48-27, caused 20 turnovers and improved to 6-0 all-time against UM.

Sophomore forward Karima Christmas led Duke (13-1, 1-0) with a career-high 21 points in the team’s 11th straight victory.

Miami (10-6, 0-2) returns home to take on No. 22 Georgia Tech (12-3, 0-1) at 7 p.m. Monday, with the game set to be televised on FSN Florida.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami has joined forces with a national collaborative to help raise awareness and ...

Political scientist Calla Hummel, who was in Bolivia during its flawed election, shares her insights ...

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Jim Larrañaga oftentimes told Bruce Brown that his path to a successful NBA career was at the point ...

Following a win in its first road game of the season, the Miami men's basketball team will resu ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - University of Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced th ...

Emma Langlois and five members of the men's cross country team return to Tallahassee for the NC ...