Basketball

Blue Devils drop Canes, 73-58

Despite sophomore guard Epiphany Woodson’s 16 points and junior transfer Latoya Drake’s 11, Miami’s leading scorer, freshman forward Shenise Johnson, was limited to just three points in the Hurricanes’ 73-58 loss Friday night at Duke.

The fifth-ranked Blue Devils outrebounded the Canes 48-27, caused 20 turnovers and improved to 6-0 all-time against UM.

Sophomore forward Karima Christmas led Duke (13-1, 1-0) with a career-high 21 points in the team’s 11th straight victory.

Miami (10-6, 0-2) returns home to take on No. 22 Georgia Tech (12-3, 0-1) at 7 p.m. Monday, with the game set to be televised on FSN Florida.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...