Tennis

Men’s tennis ranked 17th nationally

The University of Miami men’s tennis team earned the ranking of No. 17 in the country in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Preseason Top 25 poll.

All but one player returns from last year’s squad, which finished 17-8 and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Senior All-American Daniel Vallverdu begins the season ranked 17th in singles play, while sophomore All-American Carl Sundberg starts the year 96th.

During the fall campaign, the duo was ranked first nationally, but played sparingly. Vallverdu and Sundberg enter the spring with a 28th ranking in doubles competition.

Miami plays host to Florida Atlantic at 6 p.m. Jan. 22 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The improvements to the IM fields offer a safer, more efficient field for the University community. ...

President Donald Trump’s letter to the Turkish president has been looked at as undiplomatic and unpr ...

The LGBTQ Student Center and SpectrUM invite the UM community to show their true colors during LGBT ...

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.