Tennis

Men’s tennis ranked 17th nationally

The University of Miami men’s tennis team earned the ranking of No. 17 in the country in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Preseason Top 25 poll.

All but one player returns from last year’s squad, which finished 17-8 and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Senior All-American Daniel Vallverdu begins the season ranked 17th in singles play, while sophomore All-American Carl Sundberg starts the year 96th.

During the fall campaign, the duo was ranked first nationally, but played sparingly. Vallverdu and Sundberg enter the spring with a 28th ranking in doubles competition.

Miami plays host to Florida Atlantic at 6 p.m. Jan. 22 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Canes on Canes, a student organization, will host an informative online discussion about the anticip

Victoria Coverstone, a University of Miami mechanical and aerospace engineer, answers some questions

The spring 2020 issue captures life as a ’Cane before and during COVID-19.

A study led by Justin Stoler, University of Miami associate professor, analyzes how water insecurity

Warm ocean temperatures combined with neutral El Niño conditions could make this hurricane season on