Tennis

Men’s tennis ranked 17th nationally

The University of Miami men’s tennis team earned the ranking of No. 17 in the country in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Preseason Top 25 poll.

All but one player returns from last year’s squad, which finished 17-8 and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Senior All-American Daniel Vallverdu begins the season ranked 17th in singles play, while sophomore All-American Carl Sundberg starts the year 96th.

During the fall campaign, the duo was ranked first nationally, but played sparingly. Vallverdu and Sundberg enter the spring with a 28th ranking in doubles competition.

Miami plays host to Florida Atlantic at 6 p.m. Jan. 22 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The start to spring practice this year came with a long delay for Xzavier Henderson. In addition to ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...