Tennis

Men’s tennis ranked 17th nationally

The University of Miami men’s tennis team earned the ranking of No. 17 in the country in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Preseason Top 25 poll.

All but one player returns from last year’s squad, which finished 17-8 and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Senior All-American Daniel Vallverdu begins the season ranked 17th in singles play, while sophomore All-American Carl Sundberg starts the year 96th.

During the fall campaign, the duo was ranked first nationally, but played sparingly. Vallverdu and Sundberg enter the spring with a 28th ranking in doubles competition.

Miami plays host to Florida Atlantic at 6 p.m. Jan. 22 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...