Tennis

Men’s tennis ranked 17th nationally

The University of Miami men’s tennis team earned the ranking of No. 17 in the country in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Preseason Top 25 poll.

All but one player returns from last year’s squad, which finished 17-8 and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Senior All-American Daniel Vallverdu begins the season ranked 17th in singles play, while sophomore All-American Carl Sundberg starts the year 96th.

During the fall campaign, the duo was ranked first nationally, but played sparingly. Vallverdu and Sundberg enter the spring with a 28th ranking in doubles competition.

Miami plays host to Florida Atlantic at 6 p.m. Jan. 22 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Hosmay Lopez, a meteorologist at the University of Miami Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmosp ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...