Tennis

Women’s tennis ranked 13th in ITA poll

On Tuesday afternoon, the University of Miami women’s tennis team earned a No. 13 ranking in a poll released by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA).

Five Hurricanes return from last year’s squad which finished 17-6 and reached the Round of 16 in the NCAA Tournament.

Sophomore transfer Julia Cohen leads the Canes as the eighth-ranked singles player along with sophomore Bianca Eichkorn at 20th. Fellow sophomore Michaela Kissell made the national rankings at No. 50.

Two-time All-American Laura Vallverdu, sidelined for much of the fall season with an injury, enters at No. 114 for her senior campaign.

The doubles team of Vallverdu and Kissell is ranked sixth, while the duo of Kissell and Eichkorn will begin 14th nationally.

Miami begins its season at home against Florida Gulf Coast on Friday, Jan. 23 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The improvements to the IM fields offer a safer, more efficient field for the University community. ...

President Donald Trump’s letter to the Turkish president has been looked at as undiplomatic and unpr ...

The LGBTQ Student Center and SpectrUM invite the UM community to show their true colors during LGBT ...

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.