Tennis

Women’s tennis ranked 13th in ITA poll

On Tuesday afternoon, the University of Miami women’s tennis team earned a No. 13 ranking in a poll released by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA).

Five Hurricanes return from last year’s squad which finished 17-6 and reached the Round of 16 in the NCAA Tournament.

Sophomore transfer Julia Cohen leads the Canes as the eighth-ranked singles player along with sophomore Bianca Eichkorn at 20th. Fellow sophomore Michaela Kissell made the national rankings at No. 50.

Two-time All-American Laura Vallverdu, sidelined for much of the fall season with an injury, enters at No. 114 for her senior campaign.

The doubles team of Vallverdu and Kissell is ranked sixth, while the duo of Kissell and Eichkorn will begin 14th nationally.

Miami begins its season at home against Florida Gulf Coast on Friday, Jan. 23 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...

Head coach Aljosa Piric announces 2019 fall slate. ...

Miami women's basketball team dominated its final game in Italy by defeating the Venice All Sta ...