Tennis

Women’s tennis ranked 13th in ITA poll

On Tuesday afternoon, the University of Miami women’s tennis team earned a No. 13 ranking in a poll released by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA).

Five Hurricanes return from last year’s squad which finished 17-6 and reached the Round of 16 in the NCAA Tournament.

Sophomore transfer Julia Cohen leads the Canes as the eighth-ranked singles player along with sophomore Bianca Eichkorn at 20th. Fellow sophomore Michaela Kissell made the national rankings at No. 50.

Two-time All-American Laura Vallverdu, sidelined for much of the fall season with an injury, enters at No. 114 for her senior campaign.

The doubles team of Vallverdu and Kissell is ranked sixth, while the duo of Kissell and Eichkorn will begin 14th nationally.

Miami begins its season at home against Florida Gulf Coast on Friday, Jan. 23 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Canes on Canes, a student organization, will host an informative online discussion about the anticip

Victoria Coverstone, a University of Miami mechanical and aerospace engineer, answers some questions

The spring 2020 issue captures life as a ’Cane before and during COVID-19.

A study led by Justin Stoler, University of Miami associate professor, analyzes how water insecurity

Warm ocean temperatures combined with neutral El Niño conditions could make this hurricane season on