Basketball

Tigers erase deficit, defeat Canes 74-68

The University of Miami women’s basketball team’s 13-point lead vanished in the second half as Clemson rallied for a 74-68 victory Monday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

It was the first Atlantic Coast Conference game of the season for both teams.

Midway through the second half, the Tigers (10-4, 1-0) went on a 22-2 run over the course of six minutes and 10 seconds to take a seven-point lead.

Only two Canes scored in double digits as freshman guard Riquna Williams notched a career-high 23 points and freshman forward Shenise Johnson, who was named ACC Rookie of the Week, finished with 16 points and seven rebounds.

Three Tigers scored in double figures, led by freshman center Shaniqua Pauldo’s 15 off the bench.

Miami (10-5, 0-1) heads on the road to take on fifth-ranked Duke at 7 p.m. Friday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...