Football

Pair pledge to Hurricane football

Seminole High School (Seminole, Fla./Sanford) defensive end Dyron Dye and defensive back Ray Ray Armstrong pledged to the University of Miami during the Under Armour All-America Game Sunday night at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

At 6-4 and 215 pounds, Armstrong played several positions en route to a state championship this fall. He is a top-20 overall prospect, who committed to Miami over Florida, LSU and Georgia.

Dye joined his high school teammate in becoming a Cane and ranks 11th nationally at the defensive end position. The 6-4, 215-pounder chose the Hurricanes over Florida State, the Gators and Tigers.

Before Sunday, Miami’s recruiting class ranked 10th. With the two verbal commitments, the Canes are expected to move into the top-5.

Last year, the Hurricanes landed linebacker Sean Spence and cornerback Brandon Harris at the inaugural Under Armour game. Both made an impact as freshmen this past season.

More than 80 of the nation’s top high school seniors showcased their talents for the game, which aired on ESPN.

To read analysis about the commitments of Armstrong and Dye from Senior Football Writer Dan Stein, click here.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...