Football

Marve given permission to transfer

Robert Marve, UM’s starting quarterback for 11 games this season, has asked for and has been granted his release from head coach Randy Shannon, ending a two-year association with the University of Miami.

University of Miami sports information director Kerwin Lonzo confirmed on Tuesday reports of Marve’s intent to transfer.

It is unconfirmed at this time where Marve intends to transfer now that he has been granted his release.

Marve’s time in Miami has been marked by much promise, but two off-field incidents which have led to suspensions, including last Saturday’s Emerald Bowl. Marve ends his Miami career with 11 starts, in which he amassed 1,293 yards, with nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He completed 54.5 percent of his attempted passes.

Matthew Bunch

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

Frost School of Music faculty member Carlos Abril highlights how demographic characteristics influen ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

University of Miami redshirt senior Beatrice Mompremier has been named Atlantic Coast Conference Pre ...

Few players in college basketball can boast the same type of winning pedigree as Nysier Brooks and n ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami student-athletes continued their strong work in the classroom this past year, po ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...