Basketball

Canes top former Big East foe St. John’s, 70-56

NEW YORK — It wasn’t always pretty, but Miami never trailed in Madison Square Garden and stormed past the St. John’s Red Storm, 70-56.

Leading scorer Jack McClinton totaled 24 points and five three-pointers, the last of which from three feet behind the NBA line which remained on the court from the previous night’s Knicks game.

The Hurricanes had three players in double figures, as center Dwayne Collins scored 16, and freshman Julian Gamble had a career-high 10 points against the team’s former Big East rival, despite not scoring for the first five minutes of the second half.

St. John’s (9-3) was lead by Quincy Roberts, who scored 14 points and lead all players with nine rebounds.

Miami (8-3, 0-1) now returns to the Sunshine State to prepare for the Ospreys of North Florida (2-8) on New Year’s Eve at 2 p.m. The game will be broadcast on FSN-Florida.

Matthew Bunch

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...