Basketball

Canes stumble, fall 91-72

Senior K.C. Rivers and the Clemson Tigers rolled past the University of Miami men’s basketball team 91-72 Sunday night at the BankUnited Center.

Rivers, who scored a game-high 28 points, helped the 25th-ranked Tigers (12-0, 1-0) overcome an early 12-point deficit and keep pace with third-ranked Pittsburgh for Division I’s best record.

Senior Jack McClinton led the Hurricanes (7-3, 0-1) with 20 points. Turnovers troubled the Canes as they committed a season-high 22, 12 of which came in the final 11 minutes of the first half. During that span, Clemson went on a 29-9 run.

Missed free throws haunted UM. Collectively, the team finished 11-for-26 from the line.

Miami returns to action against St. John’s (9-2) at noon Saturday in New York, N.Y.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami is closely monitoring the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Universit ...

A new study looks at how expectations create positive or negative emotions when academic grades are ...

Industrial engineering professor Nurcin Celik is developing technology that would allow local power ...

The Master of Professional Science in Urban Sustainability and Resilience, offered by the College of ...

University of Miami students and professors discuss the issues surrounding Clearview AI, a new softw ...