Basketball

Canes stumble, fall 91-72

Senior K.C. Rivers and the Clemson Tigers rolled past the University of Miami men’s basketball team 91-72 Sunday night at the BankUnited Center.

Rivers, who scored a game-high 28 points, helped the 25th-ranked Tigers (12-0, 1-0) overcome an early 12-point deficit and keep pace with third-ranked Pittsburgh for Division I’s best record.

Senior Jack McClinton led the Hurricanes (7-3, 0-1) with 20 points. Turnovers troubled the Canes as they committed a season-high 22, 12 of which came in the final 11 minutes of the first half. During that span, Clemson went on a 29-9 run.

Missed free throws haunted UM. Collectively, the team finished 11-for-26 from the line.

Miami returns to action against St. John’s (9-2) at noon Saturday in New York, N.Y.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...