Baseball

Baseball team makes preseason poll

After making it to the College World Series this past summer for the 11th time in 15 years under head coach Jim Morris, Collegiate Baseball Newspaper ranked the University of Miami baseball team 18th in its preseason poll.

Three other Atlantic Coast Conference teams made the Top 20: second-ranked North Carolina, seventh-ranked Florida State and 12th-ranked Georgia Tech. Louisiana State will begin the season at No. 1.

Eight Hurricanes were drafted in June’s amateur draft, but 19 players return from last year’s squad that finished 53-11, including Preseason All-Americans in sophomore left-hander Chris Hernandez, junior shortstop Ryan Jackson and junior right-hander Kyle Bellamy.

Miami begins its season Feb. 20 against Rutgers at newly-renovated Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of