Baseball

Baseball team makes preseason poll

After making it to the College World Series this past summer for the 11th time in 15 years under head coach Jim Morris, Collegiate Baseball Newspaper ranked the University of Miami baseball team 18th in its preseason poll.

Three other Atlantic Coast Conference teams made the Top 20: second-ranked North Carolina, seventh-ranked Florida State and 12th-ranked Georgia Tech. Louisiana State will begin the season at No. 1.

Eight Hurricanes were drafted in June’s amateur draft, but 19 players return from last year’s squad that finished 53-11, including Preseason All-Americans in sophomore left-hander Chris Hernandez, junior shortstop Ryan Jackson and junior right-hander Kyle Bellamy.

Miami begins its season Feb. 20 against Rutgers at newly-renovated Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

TikTok’s rapid rise in popularity presents a business opportunity, as well as concerns about privacy ...

Miller School of Medicine professor JoNell Potter testifies before a Congressional subcommittee on h ...

A Fall Commencement speaker encourages graduates to “drink in the eternal foundation of happiness” b ...

As more hazardous hurricanes affect more disadvantaged populations, climate and public health expert ...

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.