Basketball

Canes surge in second half, win 83-65

The University of Miami women’s basketball team defeated Grambling State 83-65 for its third straight victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Lamese James came off the bench to lead the Hurricanes (8-3) with 17 points. Freshmen Shenise Johnson and Riquna Williams also finished in double digits with 11 apiece.

Although the Tigers (2-7) outrebounded the Canes, UM’s bench held a 47-17 scoring advantage. Midway through the second half, the Hurricanes held a 25-point lead.

Miami will host the UM Holiday Tournament Dec. 29-30 with competition from Duquesne (9-3), Brown (1-8) and 10th-ranked Auburn (12-0).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...