Basketball

Canes surge in second half, win 83-65

The University of Miami women’s basketball team defeated Grambling State 83-65 for its third straight victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Lamese James came off the bench to lead the Hurricanes (8-3) with 17 points. Freshmen Shenise Johnson and Riquna Williams also finished in double digits with 11 apiece.

Although the Tigers (2-7) outrebounded the Canes, UM’s bench held a 47-17 scoring advantage. Midway through the second half, the Hurricanes held a 25-point lead.

Miami will host the UM Holiday Tournament Dec. 29-30 with competition from Duquesne (9-3), Brown (1-8) and 10th-ranked Auburn (12-0).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Extremely involved and passionate about UM, she served as a trustee for 21 years, beginning in 1997. ...

The University of Miami’s emergency management team is working to create a disaster resilient Univer ...

University of Miami Police and the Department of Parking and Transportation provide various services ...

The number of students applying for Study Abroad has increased dramatically, with Europe being the m ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...