Basketball

Canes surge in second half, win 83-65

The University of Miami women’s basketball team defeated Grambling State 83-65 for its third straight victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Lamese James came off the bench to lead the Hurricanes (8-3) with 17 points. Freshmen Shenise Johnson and Riquna Williams also finished in double digits with 11 apiece.

Although the Tigers (2-7) outrebounded the Canes, UM’s bench held a 47-17 scoring advantage. Midway through the second half, the Hurricanes held a 25-point lead.

Miami will host the UM Holiday Tournament Dec. 29-30 with competition from Duquesne (9-3), Brown (1-8) and 10th-ranked Auburn (12-0).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of