Basketball

Canes edge resilient Robert Morris Colonials, win 70-62

The University of Miami men’s basketball team defeated Robert Morris 70-62 for its third consecutive victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored a game-high 24 points as four Hurricanes put up double digits. Junior forward Dwayne Collins and junior guard James Dews scored 11 apiece, while senior guard Lance Hurdle chipped in 10.

McClinton also brought in a career-high nine rebounds to help the Canes jump out to a 12-point lead at the half.

The Colonials (4-5) outscored UM 12-4 to start the second half and got within four points before the Hurricanes followed with seven unanswered points.

Miami (7-2) returns to the hardcourt at 7:45 p.m. Sunday to host the Clemson Tigers (10-0) in the first ACC game of the season.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

UM’s recruiting class — comprised so far of 14 non-binding commitments — has dropped to 40th overall ...

University of Miami basketball player Dewan Hernandez, who has missed the first nine games of the se ...

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...