Basketball

Canes edge resilient Robert Morris Colonials, win 70-62

The University of Miami men’s basketball team defeated Robert Morris 70-62 for its third consecutive victory Sunday afternoon at the BankUnited Center.

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored a game-high 24 points as four Hurricanes put up double digits. Junior forward Dwayne Collins and junior guard James Dews scored 11 apiece, while senior guard Lance Hurdle chipped in 10.

McClinton also brought in a career-high nine rebounds to help the Canes jump out to a 12-point lead at the half.

The Colonials (4-5) outscored UM 12-4 to start the second half and got within four points before the Hurricanes followed with seven unanswered points.

Miami (7-2) returns to the hardcourt at 7:45 p.m. Sunday to host the Clemson Tigers (10-0) in the first ACC game of the season.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...