Basketball

Hurricanes open homestand with 76-50 win against FIU

Three Hurricanes finished in double figures as Miami defeated Florida International 76-50 at the BankUnited Center Friday night.

Junior guard James Dews led the Canes with 15 points, while senior guard Jack McClinton scored 12 for the Hurricanes (6-2). Miami native and sophomore guard, Eddie Rios, added 10. Michael Dominguez led the Panthers (4-6) with 15 points and six rebounds.

Senior forward Jimmy Graham and freshman forward DeQuan Jones each blocked four shots as UM (6-2) totaled 13 on the night, the program’s most since 2004 when the team swatted 16 against Florida Atlantic.

No. 25 Miami hosts Robert Morris (4-4) at 1 p.m. Sunday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...