Basketball

Canes hold off Wildcats, win 73-67

The University of Miami men’s basketball team rebounded from Tuesday night’s loss to Ohio State with an RPI-boosting road victory against Kentucky, 73-67, Saturday night at Rupp Arena.

Senior guard Jack McClinton led the 21st-ranked Hurricanes (5-2) with 23 points, a game after being ejected during the first half against the Buckeyes.

Junior guard James Dews scored a season-high 18 points and made four of UM’s eight three-pointers.

The Wildcats (5-3) trailed 49-28 before getting within four points despite shooting less than 36 percent from the field.

Miami returns home to take on Florida International (4-5) at 7:30 p.m Friday night.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Daily protests are taking place in Puerto Rico, calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo Roselló. ...

How will the sentencing of “El Chapo” impact the drug trade out of Mexico? Bruce Bagley, a professor ...

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...