Basketball

Canes hold off Wildcats, win 73-67

The University of Miami men’s basketball team rebounded from Tuesday night’s loss to Ohio State with an RPI-boosting road victory against Kentucky, 73-67, Saturday night at Rupp Arena.

Senior guard Jack McClinton led the 21st-ranked Hurricanes (5-2) with 23 points, a game after being ejected during the first half against the Buckeyes.

Junior guard James Dews scored a season-high 18 points and made four of UM’s eight three-pointers.

The Wildcats (5-3) trailed 49-28 before getting within four points despite shooting less than 36 percent from the field.

Miami returns home to take on Florida International (4-5) at 7:30 p.m Friday night.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...