CD Review: Akon

If you are seeking a diverse sound of Hip-hop, soul, R & B, and pop, then “Freedom” is the album you would want to buy.

Freedom is the 3rd album from Universal Motown hip-hop artist Akon, since the release of Knovicted in 2006.

The quadruple threat artist (singer, song-writer, rapper, record-producer) is for his catchy hooks, unique vice, hits like “locked up” and “smack that,’ and collaborations with big names in the music industry, such as Gwen Stefani, Snoop Dog, and Eminem.

The album launches with his first single “Right Now (na na na), which released September 23 that begins with the sound of the synthesizer and Akon unique voice with an echo. “Beautiful,” another is a pop techno song off the album which features Colby O’donis and Kardinal Offishall. “Holla Holla” is a song that features well-known hip-hop artist T-pain, who begins the song with his unique way of using the vocoder saying “Holla Holla at you girl,” which released late November.

Although Akon is know for his catchy hooks, he grew more as an artist with his junior album by bringing more and more diversity with both producers, artist, and sound.

Freedom consists of 13 tracks with producers such as of course Akon himself, T-Pain, Giorgio Tuinfor, Hakim, RedOne, Jaylien. In addition the album, featured artists are Once again T-Pain, Lil Wyane, Young Jeezy, Wyclef Jean, Ray Lavender, Sweet Rush, Colby O’Donis, Kardinal Offishall,

The album released on Tuesday December 2.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Tracy Anioce

Contributing EDGE Writer

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...