CD Review: Akon

If you are seeking a diverse sound of Hip-hop, soul, R & B, and pop, then “Freedom” is the album you would want to buy.

Freedom is the 3rd album from Universal Motown hip-hop artist Akon, since the release of Knovicted in 2006.

The quadruple threat artist (singer, song-writer, rapper, record-producer) is for his catchy hooks, unique vice, hits like “locked up” and “smack that,’ and collaborations with big names in the music industry, such as Gwen Stefani, Snoop Dog, and Eminem.

The album launches with his first single “Right Now (na na na), which released September 23 that begins with the sound of the synthesizer and Akon unique voice with an echo. “Beautiful,” another is a pop techno song off the album which features Colby O’donis and Kardinal Offishall. “Holla Holla” is a song that features well-known hip-hop artist T-pain, who begins the song with his unique way of using the vocoder saying “Holla Holla at you girl,” which released late November.

Although Akon is know for his catchy hooks, he grew more as an artist with his junior album by bringing more and more diversity with both producers, artist, and sound.

Freedom consists of 13 tracks with producers such as of course Akon himself, T-Pain, Giorgio Tuinfor, Hakim, RedOne, Jaylien. In addition the album, featured artists are Once again T-Pain, Lil Wyane, Young Jeezy, Wyclef Jean, Ray Lavender, Sweet Rush, Colby O’Donis, Kardinal Offishall,

The album released on Tuesday December 2.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Tracy Anioce

Contributing EDGE Writer

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

Frost School of Music faculty member Carlos Abril highlights how demographic characteristics influen ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

University of Miami redshirt senior Beatrice Mompremier has been named Atlantic Coast Conference Pre ...

Few players in college basketball can boast the same type of winning pedigree as Nysier Brooks and n ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami student-athletes continued their strong work in the classroom this past year, po ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...