CD Review: Akon

If you are seeking a diverse sound of Hip-hop, soul, R & B, and pop, then “Freedom” is the album you would want to buy.

Freedom is the 3rd album from Universal Motown hip-hop artist Akon, since the release of Knovicted in 2006.

The quadruple threat artist (singer, song-writer, rapper, record-producer) is for his catchy hooks, unique vice, hits like “locked up” and “smack that,’ and collaborations with big names in the music industry, such as Gwen Stefani, Snoop Dog, and Eminem.

The album launches with his first single “Right Now (na na na), which released September 23 that begins with the sound of the synthesizer and Akon unique voice with an echo. “Beautiful,” another is a pop techno song off the album which features Colby O’donis and Kardinal Offishall. “Holla Holla” is a song that features well-known hip-hop artist T-pain, who begins the song with his unique way of using the vocoder saying “Holla Holla at you girl,” which released late November.

Although Akon is know for his catchy hooks, he grew more as an artist with his junior album by bringing more and more diversity with both producers, artist, and sound.

Freedom consists of 13 tracks with producers such as of course Akon himself, T-Pain, Giorgio Tuinfor, Hakim, RedOne, Jaylien. In addition the album, featured artists are Once again T-Pain, Lil Wyane, Young Jeezy, Wyclef Jean, Ray Lavender, Sweet Rush, Colby O’Donis, Kardinal Offishall,

The album released on Tuesday December 2.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Tracy Anioce

Contributing EDGE Writer

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...