US and World News

The terrorists that attacked Mumbai, India, planned to kill over 5,000 people, according to R.R. Patil, the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra state. This number was based on an investigation that found bullets, grenades and bombs with the attackers.

In Zimbabwe, police broke up a riot that was incited by cash withdrawal limits on people’s bank accounts. Several union leaders were arrested. Zimbabwe is currently having inflation problems.

In Somalia, local elders have negotiated with pirates to release the cargo ship they received without ransom.  The crew and ship were safe.

Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss won his re-election race in Georgia against Democrat Jim Martin. This win ends Democratic hopes of having enough seats to end a filibuster. Sixty votes are required to end a filibuster.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Frost School of Music’s faculty and staff members and students utilize their talents to help unify t

Rudy Fernandez, senior vice president for public affairs and communications at the University of Mia

Hope is an elusive concept, but it is a crucial feeling to hold on to at a time of crisis. During th

Members of the Muslim Students of the University of Miami celebrate the holy month while adhering to

A University of Miami faculty member offers tips on how to preserve healthy work-life practices as w