US and World News

The terrorists that attacked Mumbai, India, planned to kill over 5,000 people, according to R.R. Patil, the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra state. This number was based on an investigation that found bullets, grenades and bombs with the attackers.

In Zimbabwe, police broke up a riot that was incited by cash withdrawal limits on people’s bank accounts. Several union leaders were arrested. Zimbabwe is currently having inflation problems.

In Somalia, local elders have negotiated with pirates to release the cargo ship they received without ransom.  The crew and ship were safe.

Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss won his re-election race in Georgia against Democrat Jim Martin. This win ends Democratic hopes of having enough seats to end a filibuster. Sixty votes are required to end a filibuster.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...