US and World News

The terrorists that attacked Mumbai, India, planned to kill over 5,000 people, according to R.R. Patil, the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra state. This number was based on an investigation that found bullets, grenades and bombs with the attackers.

In Zimbabwe, police broke up a riot that was incited by cash withdrawal limits on people’s bank accounts. Several union leaders were arrested. Zimbabwe is currently having inflation problems.

In Somalia, local elders have negotiated with pirates to release the cargo ship they received without ransom.  The crew and ship were safe.

Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss won his re-election race in Georgia against Democrat Jim Martin. This win ends Democratic hopes of having enough seats to end a filibuster. Sixty votes are required to end a filibuster.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...