US and World News

The terrorists that attacked Mumbai, India, planned to kill over 5,000 people, according to R.R. Patil, the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra state. This number was based on an investigation that found bullets, grenades and bombs with the attackers.

In Zimbabwe, police broke up a riot that was incited by cash withdrawal limits on people’s bank accounts. Several union leaders were arrested. Zimbabwe is currently having inflation problems.

In Somalia, local elders have negotiated with pirates to release the cargo ship they received without ransom.  The crew and ship were safe.

Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss won his re-election race in Georgia against Democrat Jim Martin. This win ends Democratic hopes of having enough seats to end a filibuster. Sixty votes are required to end a filibuster.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...