CD Review: Brandy

Brandy Norwood, better known as Brandy, is sitting on top of the world again. After missing in action in the industry for four years, a car accident that cost someone their life, and departing from Atlantic Records after a decade, Brandy has made a comeback.

Her new album, Human, consists of fifteen tracks. The album was produced by various big industry names, such as Rodney Jerkins, Chase N. Cashe, D’Mile, Brian Gardner, Hit-Boy, Brian Kennedy, Chris Plata and RedOne.

“Right Here (Departed)” is the lead single off the album and was released in late August. This single was considered to be a great comeback song for the artist after a couple of years. “Long Distance,” which dropped on Oct. 15, is the second single off Human. It explains the conditions of long-distance relationships, whether the peopling involved are significant others, siblings, friends or parent and child.

The album shows a more sensitive side to Brandy than her albums in the past, as if she went through an epiphany and changed the pitch of her artistic sound.

The album was set to release in mid November, but because Brandy wanted to record additional tracks, it was delayed. However, those tracks did not make the cut. Human is set is set to release Tuesday, Dec. 9.

Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

Tracy Anioce

Contributing EDGE Writer

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...