Candlelight vigil for Mumbai victims tomorrow night

A candlelight vigil to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai will take place tomorrow at 7 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge.

This event is hosted by the Indian Students Association Executive Board, the Hindu Students Council and Delta Epsilon Psi.

“These terrorist attacks affected more than just India, it affected many ethnicities,” Amar Mandalia, president of the Indian Student Association, said. “As a diverse university we can come together and show that we are not shaken by these cowardly acts.”
Approximately 217 people, including 150 Indians, were killed after 10 different locations in Mumbai were attacked by terrorists. 
Patricia A. Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, and Brad McGuinn, a political science professor with expertise in foreign policy, will speak at this event. A moment of silence will also be observed.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...