Candlelight vigil for Mumbai victims tomorrow night

A candlelight vigil to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai will take place tomorrow at 7 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge.

This event is hosted by the Indian Students Association Executive Board, the Hindu Students Council and Delta Epsilon Psi.

“These terrorist attacks affected more than just India, it affected many ethnicities,” Amar Mandalia, president of the Indian Student Association, said. “As a diverse university we can come together and show that we are not shaken by these cowardly acts.”
Approximately 217 people, including 150 Indians, were killed after 10 different locations in Mumbai were attacked by terrorists. 
Patricia A. Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, and Brad McGuinn, a political science professor with expertise in foreign policy, will speak at this event. A moment of silence will also be observed.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first dual match of the 2019 campaign Friday ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will open the 2019 dual season when it faces Stetson ...