Candlelight vigil for Mumbai victims tomorrow night

A candlelight vigil to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai will take place tomorrow at 7 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge.

This event is hosted by the Indian Students Association Executive Board, the Hindu Students Council and Delta Epsilon Psi.

“These terrorist attacks affected more than just India, it affected many ethnicities,” Amar Mandalia, president of the Indian Student Association, said. “As a diverse university we can come together and show that we are not shaken by these cowardly acts.”
Approximately 217 people, including 150 Indians, were killed after 10 different locations in Mumbai were attacked by terrorists. 
Patricia A. Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, and Brad McGuinn, a political science professor with expertise in foreign policy, will speak at this event. A moment of silence will also be observed.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ You know when you will know the Hurricanes are really bac ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

The Miami track and field program is set to compete at the Tom Jones Memorial meet this weekend for ...

The No. 24 Hurricanes welcome ACC Coastal division foe Virginia Tech for a three-game series beginni ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...