Football

Hurricanes fall to Wolfpack

After getting thumped by Georgia Tech over a week ago, the University of Miami football team had high hopes of finishing the regular season on a strong note. Things, though, did not go as planned, as the Canes fell to North Carolina State, 38-28.

For the second straight game, Miami’s defense had trouble stopping the run, giving up over 200 rushing yards in the first half.

This, though, could have been overcome had it not been for self-created mistakes – penalties and turnovers. The Hurricanes were penalized six times for 58 yards, while the Wolfpack were penalized only twice for 25 yards.

Despite these obstacles, the real difference in this game was the Canes’ four turnovers. The Canes were in the game until late game turnovers, an interception at the end of the third quarter and two interceptions in the fourth quarter served as the back-breaker for the Hurricanes. Both Robert Marve and Jacory Harris threw two interceptions each, and their turnovers resulted in 10 points for the Wolfpack.

Although the Canes finished the regular season with two straight losses, the team will make an appearance in a post-season bowl game, as the team finishes 7-5 and 4-4 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Pravin Patel

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...