Football

Hurricanes fall to Wolfpack

After getting thumped by Georgia Tech over a week ago, the University of Miami football team had high hopes of finishing the regular season on a strong note. Things, though, did not go as planned, as the Canes fell to North Carolina State, 38-28.

For the second straight game, Miami’s defense had trouble stopping the run, giving up over 200 rushing yards in the first half.

This, though, could have been overcome had it not been for self-created mistakes – penalties and turnovers. The Hurricanes were penalized six times for 58 yards, while the Wolfpack were penalized only twice for 25 yards.

Despite these obstacles, the real difference in this game was the Canes’ four turnovers. The Canes were in the game until late game turnovers, an interception at the end of the third quarter and two interceptions in the fourth quarter served as the back-breaker for the Hurricanes. Both Robert Marve and Jacory Harris threw two interceptions each, and their turnovers resulted in 10 points for the Wolfpack.

Although the Canes finished the regular season with two straight losses, the team will make an appearance in a post-season bowl game, as the team finishes 7-5 and 4-4 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Pravin Patel

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...