Football

Hurricanes fall to Wolfpack

After getting thumped by Georgia Tech over a week ago, the University of Miami football team had high hopes of finishing the regular season on a strong note. Things, though, did not go as planned, as the Canes fell to North Carolina State, 38-28.

For the second straight game, Miami’s defense had trouble stopping the run, giving up over 200 rushing yards in the first half.

This, though, could have been overcome had it not been for self-created mistakes – penalties and turnovers. The Hurricanes were penalized six times for 58 yards, while the Wolfpack were penalized only twice for 25 yards.

Despite these obstacles, the real difference in this game was the Canes’ four turnovers. The Canes were in the game until late game turnovers, an interception at the end of the third quarter and two interceptions in the fourth quarter served as the back-breaker for the Hurricanes. Both Robert Marve and Jacory Harris threw two interceptions each, and their turnovers resulted in 10 points for the Wolfpack.

Although the Canes finished the regular season with two straight losses, the team will make an appearance in a post-season bowl game, as the team finishes 7-5 and 4-4 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Pravin Patel

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...