Basketball

Canes storm past Toreros

After falling to second-ranked Connecticut in the semifinals at Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands, No. 21 Miami trounced San Diego (2-3), 80-45, Monday night.

Senior forward Brian Asbury scored 14 points to help the Hurricanes (4-1) claim third place in the tournament.

Three others racked up double figures, including senior forward Jimmy Graham, who recorded his first career double-double with 11 points and 13 rebounds, on his birthday.

UM returns home to face Stetson (3-2) at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...