Basketball

Women’s basketball team falls to Houston Cougars, 70-64

The Miami Hurricanes women’s basketball team dropped their second game of the season with the Houston Cougars pulling away late, 70-64.

The Cougars were propelled by their ability to hit 7-of-11 beyond the three-point line in the second half.

Freshman sensation Shenise Johnson had an impressive game, scoring 21 points, dishing six assists, pulling down seven rebounds and coming away with seven steals.

Senior guard LaToya Cunningham scored a season-high 15 points and junior forward Charmaine Clark added 10 points.

But the Hurricanes couldn’t overcome their free throw problems. Miami shot 58 percent from the charity stripe. As a team, the Cougars were 16-of-21 from the foul line.

The women’s team will return to action when they head to face crosstown rival FIU tomorrow evening at 6 p.m.

Lelan LeDoux

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...