Basketball

Women’s basketball team falls to Houston Cougars, 70-64

The Miami Hurricanes women’s basketball team dropped their second game of the season with the Houston Cougars pulling away late, 70-64.

The Cougars were propelled by their ability to hit 7-of-11 beyond the three-point line in the second half.

Freshman sensation Shenise Johnson had an impressive game, scoring 21 points, dishing six assists, pulling down seven rebounds and coming away with seven steals.

Senior guard LaToya Cunningham scored a season-high 15 points and junior forward Charmaine Clark added 10 points.

But the Hurricanes couldn’t overcome their free throw problems. Miami shot 58 percent from the charity stripe. As a team, the Cougars were 16-of-21 from the foul line.

The women’s team will return to action when they head to face crosstown rival FIU tomorrow evening at 6 p.m.

Lelan LeDoux

In a letter on Wednesday, President Julio Frenk unveiled a 15-point plan to improve and build upon d

Two technology experts with the University of Miami explain the origins of “bots” and their role on

During Tuesday’s virtual events, members of the University of Miami leadership discussed the essenti

Groundbreaking scientific research and innovative discoveries from the University of Miami will be f

Rosenstiel School researchers David Nolan, Brian McNoldy, James Hlywiak, and Jimmy Ge are using soph