Basketball

Women’s basketball team falls to Houston Cougars, 70-64

The Miami Hurricanes women’s basketball team dropped their second game of the season with the Houston Cougars pulling away late, 70-64.

The Cougars were propelled by their ability to hit 7-of-11 beyond the three-point line in the second half.

Freshman sensation Shenise Johnson had an impressive game, scoring 21 points, dishing six assists, pulling down seven rebounds and coming away with seven steals.

Senior guard LaToya Cunningham scored a season-high 15 points and junior forward Charmaine Clark added 10 points.

But the Hurricanes couldn’t overcome their free throw problems. Miami shot 58 percent from the charity stripe. As a team, the Cougars were 16-of-21 from the foul line.

The women’s team will return to action when they head to face crosstown rival FIU tomorrow evening at 6 p.m.

Lelan LeDoux

Talula Thibault, a senior at the University of Miami and chair of the ECO Agency, will participate i ...

Overturning a widely accepted fact, University of Miami researchers discover that fruit flies hate b ...

The Miami Business School this fall launched a unique and forward-thinking Master of Science in Sust ...

The United States can handle its growing debt a lot better than other countries, such as Argentina, ...

A University of Miami materials engineer is developing a method that will help the aviation industry ...

Miami evened its record with a win over Central Michigan. Now, a quarter of the way through the seas ...

The Hurricanes forced three turnovers and held off a hard-fought effort from Central Michigan, defea ...

Daevenia Achong of the Miami women's tennis team won a pair of matches Sunday to reach the Milw ...

The Hurricanes hung on for a 17-12 win over Central Michigan, but acknowledged there are things they ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up action Sunday at the Miami Fall Invite, posting a 3-1 ...