Sports Briefs

DIVING

Ross takes title

Junior diver Reuben Ross won the three-meter springboard event on Saturday at the 2008 Georgia Tech Invitational in Atlanta, Ga.

Ross, the defending national champion in the event, scored a 433.00, which was more than 50 points ahead of second-place junior Aaron Fleshner of Alabama.

BASKETBALL

Top prospect signs

6’5″ guard Durand Scott (New York, N.Y.) signed a letter of intent to play basketball for the Hurricanes.

Scott, who is rated as one of the top 10 shooting guards, selected Miami over Connecticut and Pittsburgh. He joins Garrius Adams and Donnavan Kirk as early signees for a class ranked 20th nationally by ESPN.

ROWING

Team names captains

University of Miami second-year rowing coach Robbie Tenenbaum and his staff announced sophomore Christina Crocco, senior Laura Cordner and junior Nic Saner will be captains for the 2008-09 season.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...