Sports Briefs

DIVING

Ross takes title

Junior diver Reuben Ross won the three-meter springboard event on Saturday at the 2008 Georgia Tech Invitational in Atlanta, Ga.

Ross, the defending national champion in the event, scored a 433.00, which was more than 50 points ahead of second-place junior Aaron Fleshner of Alabama.

BASKETBALL

Top prospect signs

6’5″ guard Durand Scott (New York, N.Y.) signed a letter of intent to play basketball for the Hurricanes.

Scott, who is rated as one of the top 10 shooting guards, selected Miami over Connecticut and Pittsburgh. He joins Garrius Adams and Donnavan Kirk as early signees for a class ranked 20th nationally by ESPN.

ROWING

Team names captains

University of Miami second-year rowing coach Robbie Tenenbaum and his staff announced sophomore Christina Crocco, senior Laura Cordner and junior Nic Saner will be captains for the 2008-09 season.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...