US and World News

WASHINGTON – Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska lost his bid for a seventh term Tuesday, giving Democrats at least 58 seats in the Senate for the first years of the Obama administration. He was convicted last month on federal ethics charges.

WASHINGTON – In order to ease congestion during the holiday travel season, President George W. Bush said commercial aircraft would be allowed to temporarily use military airspace across much of the country.

AFGHANISTAN – The Taliban rejected an offer of peace talks with the Afghan president, Hamid Karzai, saying that there would be no negotiations until foreign troops left the country.

BAGHDAD – Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki publicly defended a three-year security agreement with the United States, reassuring Iraqis that representatives from all sects have been involved in the negotiating process and that the agreement was the best option available for Iraq.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...

Head coach Aljosa Piric announces 2019 fall slate. ...

Miami women's basketball team dominated its final game in Italy by defeating the Venice All Sta ...