South Miami Beat Notebook: Nov. 20

The second Friday of every month from October to May is Art Night in South Miami. Work from local artists will be featured at businesses around the area. Guests can meet up at the new SoMi SoU Boutique on Red Road and 74th Street to experience a night full of food, entertainment and wine, in addition to getting a chance to meet up with the artists.

A new Italian restaurant, Osteria degli Amici, recently opened. The restaurant, located on 56th Avenue near Ace Hardware, is headed by Isabella Kernel. Kernel, raised in Rome, obtained a degree from Le Cordon Bleu in London and is now hoping to bring the Italian spirit to South Miami. The restaurant has already seen patronage by celebrities such as Michael Jordan.

Fitness Together, the weight loss studio led by personal trainer Scott Baumann, had its grand opening celebration on Oct. 30 at its location alongside the new South Miami parking garage. The fitness programs are private, providing almost one-on-one instruction from the trainers. Fitness Together emphasizes weight and circuit training and requires all beginners to sign up for three months.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...