Rat Reprieve: Restaurant to remain open until Spring Break

SAVED: Students eat at the Rathskeller's patio on Wednesday. Vice President Patricia A. Whitely announced that evening that the Rat would remain open until Spring Break 2009. STEVE ROOT // Hurricane Staff

The University of Miami’s Rathskeller will remain open until the start of Spring Break, March 13, 2009,  according to Vice President for Student Affairs Pat Whitely. This announcement was made today to the Student Government Senate at their weekly meeting.

“The Rat” was scheduled to be closed at the end of this semester, Dec. 5, but due to delays in the construction process of the Student Activities Center, the restaurant will live to see the new year.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story develops.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...