Rat Reprieve: Restaurant to remain open until Spring Break

SAVED: Students eat at the Rathskeller's patio on Wednesday. Vice President Patricia A. Whitely announced that evening that the Rat would remain open until Spring Break 2009. STEVE ROOT // Hurricane Staff

The University of Miami’s Rathskeller will remain open until the start of Spring Break, March 13, 2009,  according to Vice President for Student Affairs Pat Whitely. This announcement was made today to the Student Government Senate at their weekly meeting.

“The Rat” was scheduled to be closed at the end of this semester, Dec. 5, but due to delays in the construction process of the Student Activities Center, the restaurant will live to see the new year.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story develops.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...