Football

Matchup: Miami vs. Georgia Tech

Quarterback: Miami’s Robert Marve looked good last week – until he got into the red zone, where the offense stalled three separate times. On the road, he will have to be better and quicker with his reads. Jacory Harris will once again see action, and whoever is better up to halftime will get to play the second half. Georgia Tech’s Josh Nesbitt is underrated and a major threat, but is injured and may or may not play. Tech coach Paul Johnson likes backup Jaybo Shaw, but from what I have seen of the kid, he is not ready yet. EDGE: EVEN

Running Back: Tech’s Jonathan Dwyer is a stud. He is averaging 6.6 yards per carry as the fullback in Tech’s triple option offense and has gone for over 1,000 yards rushing on the season. Miami’s Graig Cooper and Javarris James are getting better as James’s carries go up and Cooper’s carries go down, but they have yet to effectively finish a full game as a tandem. EDGE: Tech

Receivers: Miami’s group continues to be solid, but also seems to be hitting the “rookie wall.” Tech’s Demaryius Thomas is a threat and has over half of his team’s catches, with 33. He will get the ball; Miami can only hope to contain him after the fact. EDGE: EVEN

Offensive Line: Miami sees the return of Jason Fox from injury this week, which will be big against Tech’s athletic line. Tech will be without star tackle Andrew Gardner. Both teams do a good job against the run, but Miami is getting better against the pass, as the season goes on and Fox comes back. EDGE: Miami

Defensive Line: Marcus Robinson, Allen Bailey and Marcus Forston all stepped up in a big way last week. They will have to carry that over to this week if Miami is to stop the triple option running game of Tech. The Ramblin’ Wreck has an athletic, pass rushing line led by stud Michael Johnson. EDGE: Even

Linebackers: Miami’s group continues to play well, and Sean Spence is quietly becoming not just a good freshman but a bona fide star. Tech has a solid group, but no one stands out. EDGE: Miami

Secondary: Tech is led by Morgan Burnett, who leads the team in tackles and already has six interceptions. Miami’s secondary continues to benefit from a developing pass rush but will have its hands full with Thomas. EDGE: Tech

Special Teams: Matt Bosher has excelled both punting and kicking and should get All-American consideration. Tech’s Scott Blair is only 8/15 on field goals this year. EDGE: Miami

Dan Stein

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first dual match of the 2019 campaign Friday ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will open the 2019 dual season when it faces Stetson ...