Spotted On Site: Jessica Rausch

DESIGN: Jessica Rausch, who is also minoring in art and art history, chose architecture because of her interest in buildings and because it balances the subjects of art, math and science. TANYA THOMPSON // Hurricane Staff

Jessica Rausch, a fourth-year architecture major, is also minoring in art and art history.

The Miami Hurricane: Where are you from?

Jessica Rausch: Annapolis, Maryland.

TMH: So why go to Miami for school?

JR: It is something different to come here, totally different from home. Besides it’s only a two hour plane ride down here so my mom can visit me more often.

TMH: What made you want to study architecture?

JR: When I was 4 or 5 I was obsessed with Legos and I would always build Lego houses and such with my dad. So it has always been in the back of my mind. I would always comment on pretty houses. When I was in high school the art teachers pushed art and the math and science teachers pushed their subjects so architecture was a balance between the two.

TMH: What do you do in your free time?

JR: I’m in a sorority, Delta Gamma, and on the executive board. The executive board is made up of a president and 8 VPs and I’m one of the VPs, which means I’m in charge of Greek Week and philanthropy events and I have to be at everything, so that takes up a lot of time. Also I’m an only child so it has helped me become a lot more outgoing.

TMH: What do you plan to do after you leave college?

JR: There are a lot of options, one being interior design. But I don’t know because I’m also really interested in teaching so we’ll see.

TMH: So you mentioned study abroad. What’s your plan with regarding that?

JR: Yes, I’m going to Rome in Spring 2010, my last semester here. I will be studying architecture, and since it is through the school of architecture, not the study abroad program, the professors travel with us and then they bring in guess professors.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...