Sports Briefs

SWIMMING/DIVING

Team wins three of four

In a five-meet invite at Georgia Tech, the University of Miami swimming and diving team (8-4) came away with three wins, including a victory over the Yellow Jackets, 147-124.

Miami also defeated Georgia Southern, 183-88, and New Orleans, 186-57. The lone loss came to Western Kentucky, 155-129.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak took the top time in both the 100 and 200 freestyles.

Freshman Kelci Bryant picked up her first wins in the one-meter and three-meter diving events, while junior All-American Brittany Viola took second and third place.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Head coach announces spring schedule

The Hurricanes will host 13 matches this year at the renovated Neil Schiff Tennis Center, including the ITA National Indoor Qualifier on Jan. 30 and Feb. 1.

Miami opens up the season with four straight home matches, starting on Jan. 23 against Florida Gulf Coast.

The ACC championships are slated for April 16-19 in Cary, N.C., while the opening rounds of the NCAA tournament begin on May 8.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...