Sports Briefs

SWIMMING/DIVING

Team wins three of four

In a five-meet invite at Georgia Tech, the University of Miami swimming and diving team (8-4) came away with three wins, including a victory over the Yellow Jackets, 147-124.

Miami also defeated Georgia Southern, 183-88, and New Orleans, 186-57. The lone loss came to Western Kentucky, 155-129.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak took the top time in both the 100 and 200 freestyles.

Freshman Kelci Bryant picked up her first wins in the one-meter and three-meter diving events, while junior All-American Brittany Viola took second and third place.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Head coach announces spring schedule

The Hurricanes will host 13 matches this year at the renovated Neil Schiff Tennis Center, including the ITA National Indoor Qualifier on Jan. 30 and Feb. 1.

Miami opens up the season with four straight home matches, starting on Jan. 23 against Florida Gulf Coast.

The ACC championships are slated for April 16-19 in Cary, N.C., while the opening rounds of the NCAA tournament begin on May 8.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Daily protests are taking place in Puerto Rico, calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo Roselló. ...

How will the sentencing of “El Chapo” impact the drug trade out of Mexico? Bruce Bagley, a professor ...

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...