Sports Briefs

SWIMMING/DIVING

Team wins three of four

In a five-meet invite at Georgia Tech, the University of Miami swimming and diving team (8-4) came away with three wins, including a victory over the Yellow Jackets, 147-124.

Miami also defeated Georgia Southern, 183-88, and New Orleans, 186-57. The lone loss came to Western Kentucky, 155-129.

Sophomore Annika Saarnak took the top time in both the 100 and 200 freestyles.

Freshman Kelci Bryant picked up her first wins in the one-meter and three-meter diving events, while junior All-American Brittany Viola took second and third place.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Head coach announces spring schedule

The Hurricanes will host 13 matches this year at the renovated Neil Schiff Tennis Center, including the ITA National Indoor Qualifier on Jan. 30 and Feb. 1.

Miami opens up the season with four straight home matches, starting on Jan. 23 against Florida Gulf Coast.

The ACC championships are slated for April 16-19 in Cary, N.C., while the opening rounds of the NCAA tournament begin on May 8.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Three of four University of Miami scholarship quarterbacks were suspended at various times this seas ...

While the University of Miami offense has struggled mightily this season, its defense has been stell ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers boast one of the best rushing offenses in the country. On Saturday, the Miam ...

After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...