US and World News

ORLANDO – Beginning Dec. 1, public schools in Florida have to implement a uniformed anti-bullying policy after a bill was signed into law by Gov. Charlie Crist. The bill was the result of a three-year effort from a teacher whose son committed suicide after being bullied.

WASHINGTON – Sales of weapons have increased since Barack Obama won the presidency. Buyers and sellers attribute the surge to worries that Obama and a Democratic-controlled Congress will move to restrict firearm ownership, despite campaign aides saying Obama supports gun rights and considers the issue a low priority.

BAGHDAD – Iraqi-owned company North Oil has signed a contract for $3.5 billion with a Chinese state-owned oil corporation, CNPC.

MARIVAN, Iran – Iran test fired a new missile near the Iraqi border during a military maneuver. Iran warned American forces in Iraq last week that American helicopters were spotted flying close to Iran’s airspace.

Erika Capek

Assistant News Editor

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

Frost School of Music faculty member Carlos Abril highlights how demographic characteristics influen ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

University of Miami redshirt senior Beatrice Mompremier has been named Atlantic Coast Conference Pre ...

Few players in college basketball can boast the same type of winning pedigree as Nysier Brooks and n ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami student-athletes continued their strong work in the classroom this past year, po ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...