South Miami Beat Notebook

Christmas decarations going up on Sunset Drive

The much anticipated holiday lights are now up on the trees along Sunset Drive between US-1 and 57th Avenue as the holiday season rapidly approaches.

View Larger Map

Local middle school teacher honored

South Miami Middle School teacher Richard “Dick” Ward was recently honored with the naming of part of SW 67th Avenue between 56th Street and 64th Street, in front of the school where he works. The civics teacher has been active in a number of city commission meetings and has volunteered in several projects for the city. Ward also co-founded the Alliance for Youth organization and has been a chairman of the Parks and Recreation Committee.

View Larger Map

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

In their first Climate Café, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science faculty members and

Student and faculty mentors and their foster-care teen mentees both reap rich rewards through intera

’Canes Central provides undergraduate and graduate students with easy, efficient support for registr

Neil Hammerschlag provides a preview of what to expect during this year’s shark programming set to b

University of Miami architects and engineers, spurred by lessons learned from the pandemic, re-creat