South Miami Beat Notebook

Christmas decarations going up on Sunset Drive

The much anticipated holiday lights are now up on the trees along Sunset Drive between US-1 and 57th Avenue as the holiday season rapidly approaches.

View Larger Map

Local middle school teacher honored

South Miami Middle School teacher Richard “Dick” Ward was recently honored with the naming of part of SW 67th Avenue between 56th Street and 64th Street, in front of the school where he works. The civics teacher has been active in a number of city commission meetings and has volunteered in several projects for the city. Ward also co-founded the Alliance for Youth organization and has been a chairman of the Parks and Recreation Committee.

View Larger Map

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...