Events Beats

The University of Miami School of Business Administration’s executive MBA program is now ranked No. 1 among Florida business schools according to the Financial Times. UM’s EMBA program is ranked No. 33 in the Americas and No. 76 in the world. The School of Business Administration’s research ranking, based on the quality of its faculty, is now No. 31 worldwide, up sixteen spots since last year.

The UM School of Communication Knight Center for International Media has announced its second Anchor Project, an long-term project aimed at identifying the problems of today’s rapid urbanization and improving the quality of urban life. “As a journalism and media-based center, we will focus on gathering knowledge about the process of rapid urbanization in several cities around the world, starting with Miami,” said Sanjeev Chatterjee, the Knight Center’s executive cirector.

University of Miami’s Crime Prevention Officer John Pepper was sworn in as vice president of the Coral Gables Citizen’s Crime Watch Executive Board, a non-profit organization founded in 1980 to educate the citizens of Coral Gables about crime and fire prevention and personal safety.

Nina Ruggiero

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.