Events Beats

The University of Miami School of Business Administration’s executive MBA program is now ranked No. 1 among Florida business schools according to the Financial Times. UM’s EMBA program is ranked No. 33 in the Americas and No. 76 in the world. The School of Business Administration’s research ranking, based on the quality of its faculty, is now No. 31 worldwide, up sixteen spots since last year.

The UM School of Communication Knight Center for International Media has announced its second Anchor Project, an long-term project aimed at identifying the problems of today’s rapid urbanization and improving the quality of urban life. “As a journalism and media-based center, we will focus on gathering knowledge about the process of rapid urbanization in several cities around the world, starting with Miami,” said Sanjeev Chatterjee, the Knight Center’s executive cirector.

University of Miami’s Crime Prevention Officer John Pepper was sworn in as vice president of the Coral Gables Citizen’s Crime Watch Executive Board, a non-profit organization founded in 1980 to educate the citizens of Coral Gables about crime and fire prevention and personal safety.

Nina Ruggiero

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...