Coconut Grove Beat Notebook: Nov. 13

Barnacle State Park to host outdoor concert series

Throughout the month of November, Barnacle State Park will be hosting an outdoor concert series. Barnacle Under Moonlight concerts highlight performers from the Coconut Grove area is are located at 3485 Main Hwy. in the Grove. The next performance is on Thursday Nov. 13, at 7 p.m. Admission is $5 per person.

To get to Barnacle State Park from the University of Miami:

View Larger Map

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...